Join Our Team
Editor, The Colorado Independent
The American Independent News Network (AINN) is looking for an editor to lead The Colorado Independent, a news site dedicated to comprehensive and enterprising coverage of Colorado politics. This organized, self-starting innovator will work with a team of reporters, along with AINN’s national editorial team, to produce high-quality journalism, covering all aspects of state government, including elections, the legislature, the Congressional delegation, local city/county politics, and key issues of the day, including the environment, LGBT issues, immigration, civil rights, and more.
The ideal candidate will have experience in editing and reporting political news online and will be intimately familiar with Colorado politics. Experience managing a staff preferred. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of all published content.
- Drive an effective news agenda that captures the attention of elected officials, key decision-makers and other influential members of the community.
- Develop, assign and edit individual stories that speak to AINN’s mission of impact journalism.
- Edit and publish all articles throughout the news cycle.
- Manage team of political reporters, tracking their story development, mission focus, and productivity.
- Manage the functionality of the site in conjunction with national tech team.
- Help promote the work and staff as needed with national outreach team.
- This position reports to the AINN’s Editor-in-Chief.
How to Apply
Please sent cover letter, resume, 3 clips, and salary requirements to [email protected] with “TCI Editor” in the subject line.
About the Organization
The American Independent News Network is a progressive nonprofit news organization committed to impact journalism – reporting that arms the public with information needed to create positive change.
The American Independent News Network, a progressive, nonprofit news organization, seeks an enterprising editor/reporter to work with our team to produce high-impact, investigative journalism.
The Editor/Reporter will be expected to contribute to hard-hitting stories that demonstrably impact the public debate and advance the common good. The editor/reporter will also be responsible for editing stories.
Ideal candidates will have at least 2 years of editing and reporting experience, exceptional writing and research skills, editing and fact-checking skills, and the ability to generate and carry-out innovative story ideas. Expertise in one or more subject areas (for example: environment, business/finance, criminal justice, lobbying, etc.) is a plus, but the editor/reporter will be expected to cover a range of issues.
The Editor/Reporter will be based in AINN’s Washington, DC, office and will report to the editor-in-chief.
Please send the following attachments as your application:
- A cover letter.
- A current resume.
- Three of your most recent clips, including examples of investigative reporting.
Applications must be emailed to [email protected] with the subject, “Editor/ Reporter.”