JOB TITLE: Web Developer/IT Specialist (part-time)
OVERVIEW: Shareblue is seeking a part-time Web Developer/IT Specialist for site support and maintenance, implementation of new technology, and to fortify and enhance site security. Knowledge of WordPress and site hosting required, and excellent communication skills desired.
ABOUT US: Shareblue is an American media company. We produce practical political content that challenges conventional narratives about the people and events shaping our world. We believe we have a moral obligation to the majority of voters who did not vote for this administration to resist Trump, and advance the progressive cause.
- Maintenance of site, hosting environment, and tech support/troubleshooting for busy team publishing daily content and breaking stories
- Work on production and development servers with design team for new and timely feature implementation
- Advise on and implement security features
- Regular communication with team about the status of all tech-related issues
- Attend relevant online and phone meetings
- 1 to 3 years experience working with PHP, MySQL, Apache 2, Nginx, Linux (Debian) and WordPress
- Prior experience with progressive media outlets, campaigns, causes, etc.
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or information systems is preferred
- Experience with Google Cloud, CDNs, load balancing, etc.
- Version control with Git/Github
- Fastly CDN experience is a positive
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines. Execute high quality work under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org