JOB TITLE: Editor
OVERVIEW: The American Independent is seeking an editor to join our growing team. Ideal candidates will have at least two years of experience in digital publishing.
- Work closely with other editors on daily content.
- Execute content production from draft to publication (copyediting, fact-checking, research, image selection, and workshopping headlines).
- Communicate with other editors on priorities and schedule for content.
- Collaborate with writers to ensure content is unique, sourced, and aligned with our mission.
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of editorial production systems.
- Politically savvy, aware, engaged, and eager to take initiative at every stage of the process.
- Prior experience in online publishing and/or relevant editorial skills.
- A successful track record of working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Prior experience working with editorial workflow applications and systems.
- Must love organization, attention to detail, schedules, process, and style (AP style preferred).
- Ability to work well with others in a virtual workspace.
Salary commensurate with experience. DC-based is strongly preferred.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The American Independent is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or disability.